We just wanted to take a moment to congratulate our campers on an AWESOME concert! A big thanks goes out to Dr. Dan D'Addio, who stepped in last minute to conduct the orchestra this year after our original director fell ill (we hope you are feeling better Chris!). Of course, big thanks also go out to our other directors: Scott Friend, Gary Blu, and Jeremy Milton! If you forgot to order your concert recording, contact Soundwaves Recordings at www.soundwaves.org, or you can also contact them by phone at (877) 226-2567.
Looking forward to seeing you all next year!
only 39 more days until camp! we're starting to get excited.
This summer, our week ending concert will be held at East Hartford Middle School. This is a great concert facility in central CT that the senior staff had the opportunity to tour over the past weekend. The concert is on Friday June 28th at 7PM.
Good note: some staff found that when simply putting EHMS into their GPS they were lead to the High School instead. Please enter the address to get to the right school: 777 Burnside Avenue East Hartford CT 06108
We still have a few spots left for the upcoming camp season, especially for male voices in choir and background instruments (horn, bass clarinet, bassoon etc). Although our official application deadline has passed, we will still accept applications to fill these spots. Any questions can be directed to registrarLMC@gmail.com.
Have a great day!
Happy April Vacation!
- On our Facebook page, we recently posted a survey regarding the last day of school. We realize many school districts had many days tacked on to the end of the school year due to snow/hurricane days. Please take a moment to answer the survey, ESPECIALLY if you are a HS student in CT. In the past, we have worked with students individually that have needed to leave camp for a graduation ceremony or exams. If you have any questions, please contact our registrar Kim Friend at registrarLMC@gmail.com. This survey will help us plan accordingly and make sure that we can accommodate having everyone come to camp while still making sure the camp experience is positive for everyone, no matter when their summer starts.
- The BSA health forms can be found here on the Camp Workcoeman website. Please note every staff member and camper must have had a physical done within 12 calendar months of camp.
- The registration deadline is fast approaching! SEND THOSE FORMS IN! To guarantee a spot at camp, please have your registration sent in by MAY 10TH!!!! Thats less than a month away! Oh My!
The lovely conductors have been announced for this upcoming camp season! Some great conductors are returning, so we can't wait to share the news:
Scott L. Friend, Director of Bands at Brookfield HS
- rejoins us for a second summer as band director
Gary Blumberg, professional studio musician in Fairfield County CT
- a new face to camp!
Chris Hisey, Music Director of GBYO and the Civic Orchestra of New Haven, Director of Orchestras at Greens Farms Academy
- returns to the boathouse after a one summer hiatus!
Jeremy Milton, Choral Director at Old Saybrook HS
- rejoins us for a second summer as choir director
We hope you are as excited as we are!
Hello LMC Campers! Long time no talk!
We have great news: CAMP IS ONLY 149 DAYS AWAY! The senior staff is getting everything organized for this upcoming season and are all excited to get back to making music with everyone. We now have the 2013 Camper Application available to download from our Registration page. Please get your application completed and submitted to us as soon as possible to secure your spot at camp. Talk to your friends, band/choir director and fellow musicians at school and tell them how awesome camp is!
There are more details to come, so keep your eyes peeled!
Hopefully we will be seeing you all this summer :)
Keep up to Date!!
Everything you need to know to be ready for the camp season!